Thursday, August 6, 2009

Last day in Seoul

12. back to the beewon. Throughout May and June I had many moments where I thought, “surely this time will be the last I’ll be at the Beewon.” I was never right though, until our arrival in Seoul from Gyeongju. Even so, who’s to say for sure? We arrived very early in the morning in order to go on a DMZ tour starting at 7. On the way to the meeting point, however, I realized I had forgotten my passport and decided to forego the tour. It’s a possibility that seeing Korea’s de-militarized zone is a once in a lifetime opportunity, but if that’s the case I’m rather more fond of the idea of seeing the whole of North Korea. So I went back to the Beewon for a much needed day of relaxation.

13. saying goodbye. Thanks to Joanne and Eric, our last night in Seoul was a total blast. We had dinner at a Japanese restaurant near Insadong and then decided to go see Transformers 2. It was a great way to say goodbye to our friends and the city we called home for five months. The next morning we hauled all our stuff to the bus station (what a haul…three suitcases!) and began our first leg in the journey to Southeast Asia. Next up: Indonesia!


1 comment:

  1. Lehyla! I just read this now. I had a really fun day too. Transformers2 was really good! Those five months went by pretty quickly. Hope you're good over there and enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete