Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Exploring China Competition: Round 1, Yanji


Rain and pain. Rain and pain. That's all today turned out to be. So in a bid to send off the day on a happier note, I'm going to post some long overdue photos from the recent competition in which I participated. The event is called 留动中国, or Exploring China. Foreign students compete in 3-3 basketball, traditional Chinese sports, individual and group performances, and finally, orienteering. The first round took us to my old city, Yanji, where I got to see my good friends and, in the process, got to show some of my Changchun friends around the city, too!  
 
 
 

 
On the overnight train to Yanji. (Cue Suri-Nico: "My grandmother could walk faster than this train!")
 

 
Chu Laoshi (a.k.a. Mr. "Chew" because, as is depicted, he's always chewing us out for something!)

 
Shady Girls: Ce Ma (Mongolia) and I
 

 
Oh, now he smiles!
 


Suri-Nico giving Jilin University a taste of his b-ball skills
 

 
Lena (Russia) and her mad Tai-chi abilities. She got 4th!
 

 
Look who came to watch me sing! Nice to see you again, Cui!
 

 
"Hey, Mickey! You're so fine!" Our "la la dui" (cheerleading) team for the group performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment