Sunday, March 10, 2013

First Spring Run


After the first International Student's Association had its first meeting today, I went outside for a walk, intending to end up in the cafeteria for dinner. My walk took me past the track and field. Last week's weather had me looking at it for days, wondering if it was still too icy to run. I decided to go check it out. 

I should begin by saying that I've been running indoors on a treadmill for the last six months or so. That's why at first I just thought I'd walk a couple of laps and get on my way. By my third lap, however, I just wanted to jog, winter gear and all. After that lap, I couldn't get enough, so I shed the coat and my purse on a bench and kept going. I thought I'd just go two kilometers, but even after that, my body wanted more. I began to sprint. I sped right past the drifts of snow, piled as tall as I am on the edges of the field. I jumped over the few icy patches. My hot breath hung in the air, and I could feel its moisture against my face a split second later as I ran through the vapor cloud. Under the stars I finished my exercise at ten laps.

Just think what spring will bring! 

No comments:

Post a Comment